Sunday, June 9, 2013

A little of this and a little of that...

     This summer is off to an amazing start! So far we've been to the Zoo, multiple times, the park for picnics, redid our backyard, played with family and went to Silver Dollar City twice! We've also been trying lots of Pinterest ideas. Needless to say, we've been busy, and I am loving every minute of it. I am loving staying up late, sleeping in late (as late as children three and under sleep), and spending every day just playing. It's amazing how much I'm learning about my children since I get to spend all day with them. I am even more in love with them! My daughter, Rylee, is almost three. She has the most amazing personality. She's so creative and witty, although I'm really getting tired of hearing, "You don't say me what to do!" It's good that she's super cute, or she'd be in big trouble. LOL! My son, Kannon, is amazing me too. He just turned one. He's all boy! I have to admit that I am totally jealous of my babysitter! She gets to see my kids so much more than me during the school year, and I feel very blessed to have this summer with them. I plan to make every second count!

     I'm planning on linking up with Make it Monday over at Fourth Grade Frolics. I just haven't been as motivated as some others out there! I have some home made-its I can post, but I need to take pictures tomorrow. My main goal for the summer is to learn how to customize my blog! It's our district's goal for all teachers to have updated websites next year, so I'm hoping to have a head start! I also want to make journals for all my subjects next year to use a templates. I also attended a Linda Dorn workshop the other day, and have lots of new things to try to implement from that. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around it all. I keep telling my sister (who is also a fourth grade teacher) that you don't have to do any school work in June! That is what July is for. LOL! I just can't seem to follow that advice myself.
     So...if any of you have advice for Math Journals, Writer's Workshop, Reader's Workshop,  or Science Journals, I'd love some advice! After attending the Linda Dorn workshop, I know that I want to do a lot more focusing on vocabulary and word work this year. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment