Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello Monday!!!


This has been another amazing week of summer vacation!  We've played pirates, had play dates, gone swimming and just enjoyed each other. This weekend our neighbors are moved. :( My daughter is heart broken. We are tried to ease the transition by trying to talk to her about it a lot, because she's not quite three yet and doesn't understand. So... we threw a "Pupcake Party"!

We had pirate costumes, mustaches and of course cupcakes! (Which my daughter calls pup cakes)



So for my first link up with Tara over at Monday Made It, I'd like to show you my cupcake toppers!

Here they are...




I order my pictures from shutterfly.com I super love the website. If you haven't checked it out you are really missing out. I order books for my kids all the time. Anyway, when you order regular pictures they come with these tiny prints of all the pictures you order.  I love this idea and plan to jazz up the sticks (toothpicks) for my daughter's birthday party. I think with some ribbon and card stock I can make them totally cute! I'll post pictures after her party (in a couple of months) to let you know how they turned out! 

This week I also tried another clipboard. I just can't seem to get them right. It's super cute don't get me wrong, but the edges are sloppy. Ugh! Anyway, for this one I decided to use pictures of my family and wrapping paper. I loved both of these. It would just help if I could actually have the time to go slow instead of rush during nap time. LOL! However, I really liked the way the wrapping paper worked. It's pretty good paper to begin with (day after Christmas sale at Hobby Lobby)! I'll do that again!! I told my sister I'd make her a picture one as well but I need advice. How do you do the sides of the clip board? Do I just avoid them? Wrap the paper around them? What's the best technique? 

Well here it is...
Front side! 

Back side!

My final made it this week was a potato hash with sausage. We live near Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. Our favorite food to get is potato hash. They use a cast iron skillet, and I know mine could have been better if I'd had one, but all in all it was pretty darn good.  I just used two large sweet potatoes, one large Russet potato, four red potatoes, one onion and one red pepper.  I just added a TON of butter, some salt and some pepper. It wasn't as AMAZING as Silver Dollar Cities, but I think the next time I make it I will do even better! 


Well I hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did! I can't wait to see what you have all been up to! 
Have a blessed Monday! 





2 comments:

  1. Maybe put ribbon around the edges?

    We live near SDC too, we have season passes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to make one this week that uses that funky duck tape. I think it will work well for the edges but I'm not sure. I'll be posting the finished product next week! We too have passes and go ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete